Monday, April 21, 2014

I've been selected for Google Summer of Code 2014!

I've been selected for GSoC 2014!

My project is to implement XMLHttpRequest in Servo (proposal), under Mozilla (mentored by the awesome Josh Matthews)

Servo is a browser engine written in Rust. The Servo project is basically a research project, where Mozilla is trying to rethink the way browser engines are designed and try to make one which is more memory safe (The usage of Rust is very crucial to this goal), and much more parallel. If you'd like to learn more about it, check out this talk or join #servo on irc.mozilla.org.

What is GSoC?

Google Summer of Code is a program by Google that helps jumpstart involvement in open source amongst students. Organizations are invited to float their own open source projects, and students float project proposals. If selected, you get to code the project over the summer, working closely with the mentor. It's supposed to be a great experience, and I'm glad I'll get to be a part of it this year!

Who else got selected?


One purpose of this post was to recognize all my friends and college-mates who got selected:

Mozillia India friends